Eye of the Tiger

I shall be brief, for I am in my briefs, and briefly available to briefly brief you.



Warzone2100 2.1rc1 - the first release to include the original game sound track. Read the announcement and the changelog for more details.



It's like Command and Conquer. Except it's good. See video:





Rising up... mmmmm mmmm... took my time took my chances... aaaah ooo... just a man and his will to survive... nmmmm mmmmm... its the Eye of the Tiger!" Gotta love that track.



There's a new development release of Oolite, the elite-inspired game. Version 1.72 (announcement, changelog) has been a while coming and, as such, contains a long list of fixes. Looks pretty stable to me but *shrugs* not my project.



FreeCol 0.8.0alpha3 - fixes a few bugs, they say.



Vacuum Magic is R-Type style 2D side scrolling shoot 'em up action, and all Free Software. The game topic is a little off beat but the gameplay is pretty neat and there's plenty of levels to play. Check out the video:





Open Octane, announced in the forums, aims to be a fast paced car combat game where you can destroy most things in the game world. You can see the car crashing through trees and fences in the demo below:





It reminds me of another open source game that I can't remember right now as it's late and I have other things to do. I'm sure I'll remember later or somebody will post in the comments the game I'm thinking of...

Comments

Popular

Cortex Command releases code under the AGPL v3

RubyWeekend, but also PyDay

Looks like battleMETAL will fill some Mechwarrior 2 nostalgia