Fictional Air Combat 0.1.3

Fictional Air Combat 0.1.3
I recently discovered YAFS on SF.net: Fictional Air Combat, which is an action flight simulation at an early development stage.



There are 32 bit Win/Lin releases available, but the Linux release contains source which can be easily recompiled for 64 bit systems. (So did I.)



I have not yet tried to find out the licenses/authors of 3d graphics and textures (and don't know if I will). It seems however that they are all original. (And I like them.) There is no sound yet.



Height map for FAC
Levels get created from height maps and a texture placement file, which has an own graphical editor for it (though I wasn't able to find the tool).



Fictional Air Combat reminds me of Thunder&Lightning, which was unfortunately updated last time nearly one year ago.





Watch the video in high definition.

Comments

Popular

Cortex Command releases code under the AGPL v3

RubyWeekend, but also PyDay

Looks like battleMETAL will fill some Mechwarrior 2 nostalgia